Join Our Team!
Property Manager and Administrative Assistant
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Property Manager and Administrative Assistant. $3,120/mo. + health care, retirement match, mobile phone and bonus opportunities after 6-month probation.
- At least 2 years’ experience in property management.
- Maintain a WA State driver’s license with acceptable driving record, a reliable vehicle in good condition and adequate insurance (we provide mileage reimbursements).
- Live in the Olympia, Lacey or Tumwater area.
- Proficiency with office apps, online software and tech such as smartphones.
- Become an expert in the use of Buildium property management software.
- Professional appearance.
- Flexible schedule to include availability within 1-hour notice and evening and weekend work.
- Acceptable credit and criminal background screening.
- Exceptional written and oral communication.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Work under pressure, conflict and adversity with professionalism and poise.
- Adapt to sudden changes in procedures and systems.
- Critical thinking and careful decision-making based upon loyalty to our clients and adherence to the Law.
- Basic knowledge of the WA State Landlord-Tenant Act and Real Estate Agency Law and the initiative to perform necessary research to self-educate in order to perform prudently and justly in specific and sometimes unique situations.
- Good working knowledge of building materials, structures and the systems within them.
- Learn new software independently using available vendor tutorials and your own curiosity.
- Friendly, confident (firm, when necessary) communication style.
- Desire and humility to continue learning and growing.
Key Performance Areas
- Maintain a minimum 4-star level of service and relations with property owners, tenants, vendors, sales clients and team members.
- Field and manage all tenant, owner and vendor communications by phone, email and online portal (Buildium), to include after-hours emergency calls, shielding and acting as liaison to the back-office staff.
- Troubleshoot, create, track and complete maintenance and other property management tasks allowing no task to ever go beyond 1-day past due.
- Assure all rents are collected by no later than the 5th of each month for bookkeeper to reconcile and disburse accounts payable.
- Complete semi-annual visual inspections of each property under management and report findings on the proper form with photo evidence of damages, violations, needed repairs and recommended maintenance every April and October.
- Create tasks and deliver official notices for tenant violations or damages, establish a plan and/or deadline for repair or compliance and follow up to completion.
- Coordinate make-ready repairs and preparation of new properties brought under management to meet legal and company standards and property owner goals.
- List available properties for rent, field inquiries and show to pre-qualified tenant prospects.
- Receive, process and screen applications for rent following established guidelines with fairness and strict adherence to the Law.
- Execute Lease Agreements with tenants.
- Perform move-in and move-out walk-throughs, complete proper documents and manage turnover work.
- Work with and support management in the acquisition of new property management contracts, cultivating tenants into homebuyers and sale of properties under management when it comes time for relinquishment.
- Provide office administrative support including but not limited to reception, sale transaction coordination, file maintenance and auditing.
- Other projects as assigned.
Send your resume and personal introduction to JoinOurTeam@MVPRealtyGroup.com
Meet the Team