Property Manager and Administrative Assistant
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Property Manager and Administrative Assistant. Base salary + commission and bonuses starting at $3,120/mo. Health care, retirement match, mobile phone and bonus opportunities after 3 months.
- At least 2 years’ experience in property management and/or administrative support.
- Maintain a WA State driver’s license with acceptable driving record, a reliable vehicle in good condition and adequate insurance (we provide mileage reimbursements).
- Live in the Olympia, Lacey or Tumwater area.
- Proficiency with office apps, online software and tech such as smartphones.
- Become an expert in the use of Buildium property management software.
- Professional appearance.
- Flexible schedule to include availability within 1-hour notice and evening and weekend work.
- Acceptable credit and criminal background screening.
- Exceptional written and oral communication.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Work under pressure, conflict and adversity with professionalism and poise.
- Adapt to sudden changes in procedures and systems.
- Critical thinking and careful decision-making based upon loyalty to our clients and adherence to the Law.
- Basic knowledge of the WA State Landlord-Tenant Act and Real Estate Agency Law and the initiative to perform necessary research to self-educate in order to perform prudently and justly in specific and sometimes unique situations.
- Good working knowledge of building materials, structures and the systems within them.
- Learn new software independently using available vendor tutorials and your own curiosity.
- Friendly, confident (firm, when necessary) communication style.
- Desire and humility to continue learning and growing.
Key Performance Areas
- Maintain a minimum 4-star level of service and relations with property owners, tenants, vendors, sales clients and team members.
- Field and manage all tenant, owner and vendor communications by phone, email and online portal (Buildium), to include after-hours emergency calls, shielding and acting as liaison to the back-office staff.
- Troubleshoot, create, track and complete maintenance and other property management tasks allowing no task to ever go beyond 1-day past due.
- Assure all rents are collected by no later than the 5th of each month for bookkeeper to reconcile and disburse accounts payable.
- Complete semi-annual visual inspections of each property under management and report findings on the proper form with photo evidence of damages, violations, needed repairs and recommended maintenance every April and October.
- Create tasks and deliver official notices for tenant violations or damages, establish a plan and/or deadline for repair or compliance and follow up to completion.
- Coordinate make-ready repairs and preparation of new properties brought under management to meet legal and company standards and property owner goals.
- List available properties for rent, field inquiries and show to pre-qualified tenant prospects.
- Receive, process and screen applications for rent following established guidelines with fairness and strict adherence to the Law.
- Execute Lease Agreements with tenants.
- Perform move-in and move-out walk-throughs, complete proper documents and manage turnover work.
- Work with and support management in the acquisition of new property management contracts, cultivating tenants into homebuyers and sale of properties under management when it comes time for relinquishment.
- Provide office administrative support including but not limited to reception, sale transaction coordination, file maintenance and auditing.
- Other projects as assigned.
Send your resume and personal introduction to JoinOurTeam@MVPRealtyGroup.com and join our rapidly growing team today!
Considering a change in your real estate career? Or, perhaps just getting started in the exciting world of real estate? We’re always on the hunt for the best people to work with! We hire the kind of people you want to work with: those who are big thinkers, passionate, compassionate, always curious, imaginative, collaborative, and ambitious.
Not yet a licensed broker but want to be? Check out the Real Estate courses at Rockwell Institute.
Meet the Team